An interview with Justin Wise on establishing your church’s social media presence (:10), and Dr. Steve Runge discusses how to find joy in your work (5:40).
Establish your church’s social media presence
Did you know that you can see reviews of a church on Google Maps or Yelp? Have you considered what new people might find your church through a friend’s social media? How often have you talked about “reaching people where they are” and realized that, much of the time, they are on the internet?
The Social Church: A Theology of Digital Communication is for Christians who are advocates of social media and who want to learn about how to use these technologies to further the kingdom of God. Justin Wise speaks about social media as this generation’s printing press—a revolutionary technology that can spread the gospel further and faster than we can imagine.
Get Derek Kidner’s book on Ecclesiastes
“Vanity of Vanities,” says the Preacher, “Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.” (Ecclesiastes 1:2) Is that what life is all about? A wisp of vapor, a puff of wind, a mere breath—nothing you can get your hands on—the nearest thing to zero? So says the Preacher in the book of Ecclesiastes. But is this the whole message of Ecclesiastes?
Derek Kidner introduces the book of Ecclesiastes—which speaks so powerfully—to our generation. His love of Hebrew poetry and his understanding of biblical mind shine through in this book.
Add The Message of Ecclesiastes to your library!
Get the Baker Commentary on Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms
The Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms is tailored to the distinctness of poetry and Wisdom literature. It provides students and pastors with a careful reading of the text and its theological implications. These volumes include:
- Emphasis on the message of the biblical book
- Special attention to poetic structure and literary devices
- Incisive comments based on the author’s translation of the Hebrew text
- Exegetical rigor, incorporating linguistic, historical, and canonical insights
- Closing reflections on each section that explore the text’s theological dimensions
- Textual notes that provide resources for advanced readers
The commentaries in the Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms series are both scholarly and readable, presenting a theological, historical, and applicable survey of the riches of Wisdom literature. In the Logos edition, each Scripture passage links to your favorite translation and is easy to study side-by-side with your other commentaries. You can search by topic or Scripture with split-second results!
This month only, save on resources that help you better understand the Sermon on the Mount, Bible study methods, and more. Enjoy outstanding works from R. C. Sproul, D. A. Carson, and Craig Blomberg available at exceptional savings. Here are some highlights included in this month’s sale:
- Save 40%: Biblical Theology Collection (21 vols.)
- Save 30%: How to Understand and Apply the New Testament: Twelve Steps from Exegesis to Theology
- Save 30%: The Holiness of God, 2nd ed.
- Save 30%: Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and His Confrontation with the World: An Exposition of Matthew 5–10
There’s plenty more to discover, so check out everything on sale—and save up to 40%.